Volunteer and teach English in Colombia
Empower Young People with the world’s oldest and largest youth-focused movements in the world. Founded 1844, the YMCA operates in 120 countries around the world and has been in Colombia for 56 years.
The YMCA Colombia invites you to become an ambassador of your country, volunteer and empower Colombian children and teens, Express your creativity towards the development of new teaching methods, Gain Online TEFL Experience, and get involved with the Colombian culture!
Lead Non-Conventional Activities in English in Colombian Schools
Volunteer in other areas of the YMCA
Receive a Monthly Stipend
Orientation and Training
Free Spanish Classes*
On-site support for YMCA StaffIncluding pre-departure and visa guidance
*Subject to availability of local partners.
Requisites to become a Cultural Agent
- Nationals from countries where Spanish is not the official language.
- Ages between 21 and 39.
- Native speaker of English or C1 level certified.
- Certified experience as a volunteer or professional working with children or teens.
- Graduated from a higher institution.
- Clear health and police background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- YMCA training on Experiential and Integrated education among other topics (includes certificate).
- 30 hours/week leading non-conventional activities in English in Colombian Schools.
- 10 hours/week volunteering in other areas of the YMCA
- YMCA Community engagement and belonging.
- Seasonal participation in the YMCA Colombia Programs such as: YCAMP YTAC, English Inmersion Programs, Camp Sessions and others.
- Placement as a Cultural Agent and International Volunteer
- On-site support from YMCA Staff
- Support to find housing options
- Monthly Stipend
- Financial support to purchase return flight*
- Opportunity to be selected to join our Camp Counselor Staff at YMCA Camps on some weekends (monthly)
Program Fee: 450 USD
V-Visa: 222 USD
First Month living expenses in Colombia: 500USD
Colombian ID: 62 USD
- Additional costs: Air Tickets and International Health Insurance.
- The cost of the international flights will vary depending on country of origin/destination. See our Terms & Conditions to learn more about our repatriation bonus to support participants with purchase of return flights. Depending on your destination, you might need to make use of your savings to complete the amount needed to purchase the flights.
About program fee
The YMCA Colombia is a non-profit organization and relies on program fees to provide participants with placement assistance, orientation, guidance through visa and pre-departure, and arrival process Note: Air Tickets or visa fees are not included.
Bogotá is the capital of and largest city in Colombia. It is a place of convergence for people from all around the country and is therefore diverse and multicultural. Within this city, the past and present come together.
The city is also very green thanks to its parks and the hills that extend along its eastern boundary, dwarfed by their two highest points, Monserrate and Guadalupe. The landscape that the people of Bogotá enjoy daily—the sea of green that makes up the Andes mountain range, rising up in the east—would be nearly impossible to find in any other large city.
The YMCA Colombia is looking for Cultural Agents from all over the world!
Apply today for the January 2022 program. Limited spots!