Volunteer and teach English in Colombia
Empower Young People with the world’s oldest and largest youth-focused movements in the world. Founded 1844, the YMCA operates in 120 countries around the world and has been in Colombia for 56 years.
The YMCA Colombia invites you to become an ambassador of your country, volunteer and empower Colombian children and teens, Express your creativity towards the development of new teaching methods, Gain Online TEFL Experience, and get involved with the Colombian culture!
Lead Non-Conventional Activities in English in Colombian Schools
Volunteer in other areas of the YMCA
Free Spanish Classes*
24/7 support for YMCA Staff in Colombia Including pre-departure and visa guidance
Airport pick up and welcome by YMCA staff
*Subject to availability of local partners.
Requisites to become a Cultural Agent
- Nationality: Countries where Spanish is not the first language.
- Age: 21 years old or older.
- English Level: Native Speaker or C1 level certified.
- Academic Level: Graduated from a Higher Institution.
- Previous Experiences: Work with children/youth, Online Teaching, and Volunteering are assets.
- Police Background check and 2 recommendation letters
YMCA COLead3rs in-person
- 30 hours/week leading non-conventional activities in English in Colombian Schools.
- 10 hours/week volunteering in other areas of the YMCA
- 500 USD Monthly Stipend (approximate amount in Colombian Pesos)
- Appreciation Bonus at the end of the semester
- Free Spanish Classes
- 24/7 support from YMCA Staff in Colombia Including pre-departure and visa guidance
- Airport pick up and welcome by YMCA staff
- 200 USD Admin Fee (Refundable once the program is successfully completed)
- Online Orientation and Training on Experiential and Integrated Education among other topics.
- Placement as a Cultural Agent and International Volunteer
- Pre-departure and visa guidance
- On-site support from YMCA Staff
- Online Training
- Support to find housing Options
- Monthly Stipend
- Appreciation Bonus
- Opportunity to be selected to join our Camp Counselor Staff at YMCA Camps on some weekends (monthly)
About program fee
The YMCA Colombia is a non-profit organization and relies on program fees to provide participants with placement assistance, orientation, guidance through visa and pre-departure, and arrival process.
Bogotá is the capital of and largest city in Colombia. It is a place of convergence for people from all around the country and is therefore diverse and multicultural. Within this city, the past and present come together.
The city is also very green thanks to its parks and the hills that extend along its eastern boundary, dwarfed by their two highest points, Monserrate and Guadalupe. The landscape that the people of Bogotá enjoy daily—the sea of green that makes up the Andes mountain range, rising up in the east—would be nearly impossible to find in any other large city.
To understand how the first steps towards the Independence of Colombia were taken, you must visit Socorro, a municipality in the Department of Santander, located 75 miles south of Bucaramanga. Founded on June 16, 1683, it is famous because of its colonial architecture and because it was the epicenter of the Revolución de los Comuneros in 1781. It has an average temperature of 74°F.” – Colombia.travel.
Socorro is surrounded by nature and it’s only 22 km away from San Gil. For a small city, San Gil packs a lot of punch. This is the outdoors capital of Colombia and a mecca for extreme-sports enthusiasts.
The YMCA Colombia is looking for Cultural Agents from all over the world!
Apply today for the June 2021 program. Limited spots!